Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My first cake - Easter 2011





Ok, so let's start from the beginning. This is the very first stacked cake I have ever made. Our friend's 30th birthday was coming up, and to help stay within a budget for his party, I volunteered to make his cake. After quitting my job in March, I had a lot of time during the day to catch up on all kinds of cake shows on TLC & Food Network...I thought 'hey, I could do that!' I've always been into art, and thought this would be a cool new medium for my creativity. (I was especially inspired by Melinda Gregory, of Just Desserts in the Outer Banks, who made our FABULOUS wedding cake. More about that another day.)
I wanted to do a practice cake before I had to make our friend's birthday cake in June, so I decided to make a cake for Easter. This is what I came up with! I was very excited with how my very first cake turned out. Little did I know that this could very well be my calling... 


No comments:

Post a Comment